Now that the merger of the frequent flyer programs is complete between US Airways and American Airlines, AA is kicking off the celebrating with it’s first “new” promo of the year since the merger.
I suspected they’d do one fairly quickly and if you’re new to the miles game, this offer is a good way to start off. Of course you need to already have an AAdvantage account (if you previously had a US Airways Dividend Miles account a new AA account will have been set up for you. Just login to your USDM account as normal and your AA number will be there in member information). If you don’t have an account do open one today as there will be plenty more promos throughout the year. (You won’t be eligible for this promotion however).
Of course if you need any assistance with how this all works, just ask The Trip Guru. We are very experienced with itineraries using miles and can book everything for you.
Read on for costs and how many bonus miles you’ll get…
- Buy 6,000-9,000 miles, get 1,500 bonus miles
- Buy 10,000-19,000 miles, get 3,500 bonus miles
- Buy 20,000-29,000 miles, get 7,500 bonus miles
- Buy 30,000-39,000 miles, get 15,000 bonus miles
- Buy 40,000-54,000 miles, get 22,500 bonus miles
- Buy 55,000-69,000 miles, get 30,000 bonus miles
- Buy 70,000-84,000 miles, get 40,000 bonus miles
- Buy 85,000-99,000 miles, get 50,000 bonus miles
- Buy 100,000 miles, get 60,000 bonus miles
If you max out this promotion and purchase 100,000 miles then you will earn a total of 160,000 AAdvantage miles at a cost of $3,201.25 USD. Obviously cheaper if you’re buying less than that. You can purchase a maximum of 100,000 AAdvantage bonus miles per account per calendar year, before factoring in any bonuses. To give you an idea of what you can do with that many miles….Australia to Europe or the USA in Business Class is a great use of miles.
AAdvantage have some attractive award routes including the option to only book 1 way. You can check the chart on their website.
Of course if you need any assistance with how this all works, just ask The Trip Guru.