There are standard requirements for a five star hotel.
- Valet parking
- Fitness Centre/gym or a Day spa.
- Many hotels also offer other services such as a casino or nightclub
- Should be a high ratio of staff to Guests
- Service should include Reception, Concierge, Housekeeping and Room Service 24 hours a day
- Quality furnishings including high thread count sheets, In room Movie on Demand
- One or more restaurants and of a high quality
- Beautiful lobby area
- Luxurious decor and amenities
- A variety of restaurants
- An excellent Concierge
- High Quality Staff who are personable with clients
It’s so simple, but you’ll be surprised how many 5 Star hotels get it wrong.
The official rating system in Australia quotes that 5 Star properties should be the following:
“The benchmark in Australian accommodation. Outstanding establishments characterised by luxury appointments offering an exceptional standard of facilities, furnishings and guest services. 24 hour room service, housekeeping, porterage, valet parking and secretarial services”